Friday, March 14, 2008

Week 10- Classmate Response to Jason Heppner's blog

Jason I think you concluded on the right note.  I have to confess that I got really depressed and confused by all the lingo in the Barker book.  How can a person be sure of anything if culture and language constructs our own little personal realities, often shutting out the realities of others?  At the end of the day, we have to love.  Jesus is the one who can, who should, and who desires to shape our reality.  Jesus is all about love. As for what this love looks like? Well I think scripture helps in figuring this out, but I also think we need to not forget the Holy Spirit of God... God's Spirit is with us, surely the Spirit will have something to say to us as to how to love in the midst of all our jumbled and ambiguous cultures. 

No comments: